As one of the common engines, small diesel engines are used in many places. Some enterprises need to use them for a long time while others only need to use them on a regular basis, we all need to take good care of our small diesel engines. When keeping them, we need to know the following points:
1. Choose a good place to keep it. When farmers store small diesel engines, most do not consider the natural weather conditions, do not pay attention to the wind direction, also do not consider the site drainage conditions, but deliberately small diesel engines placed under the eaves of their homes. However, as a result of long-term dripping eaves, the ground under the eaves depression, is not conducive to water discharge, easy to make the machine damp and rust.
2. We should take precautions against the wind, rain, and other measures. If the diesel engine is kept in open storage, dust or rain can easily enter the engine through the air filter, exhaust pipes, etc...
3. The machine should be sealed when not in use for a long time. The sealing method of the small diesel engine is as follows.
(1) Drain engine oil, diesel oil, and cooling water.
(2) Clean and install the crankcase and timing gearbox with diesel oil.
(3) Maintain air filter as required.
(4) lubricate all moving surfaces. Take care to dehydrate the clean oil (boil the oil until the foam is completely gone), cool it, and pour it into the oil pan, then crank the crankshaft for 2 ~ 3 minutes.
(5) Sealed combustion chamber. The dehydrated 0.3 KG clean oil is injected into the cylinder from the intake pipe, and the flywheel is rotated more than 10 times under reduced pressure, so that the inlet and exhaust valves, pistons, cylinders, and piston rings are all coated with lubricating oil, finally, the piston to the top dead center, so that the intake and exhaust valves are closed. Once the seal is sealed, install the air filter.
(6) Empty the remaining oil into the oil pan.
(7) Scrub the outside of the diesel engine and apply antirust oil on the surface of the parts which have not been painted.
(8) Wrap air filters and silencers in moisture-resistant material to prevent rain and dust.