Small diesel generators are used as a backup power supply in many places. Nowadays, the safety of diesel generators has become an issue that can not be ignored. What should we pay attention to?
1. The small diesel generators must be operated by personnel familiar with the mechanical structure and method of use. New or newly overhauled to be in accordance with the provisions of the operation after 60 hours, and do the necessary maintenance.
2. Provide a comfortable environment for small diesel generators. Generators should not be used in humid or indoor environments as poor ventilation may cause carbon monoxide poisoning. In addition, the diesel generator should be separated from flammable and explosive materials by more than 1M when in use.
3. It should be isolated from the public power grid when in use. Before connecting the diesel generator to the home grid, be sure to turn off the main power supply and disconnect it from the public power grid. Otherwise, it could send power back to the public grid, causing an accident that could seriously threaten your life.
4. Keep the diesel generator running. Don't overwork for a long time. Overloading of diesel generators will shorten the life of the motor, increase noise and exhaust pollution, and even more seriously, the output voltage can not reach the rated value, which can easily cause electrical damage.
5. Always check the diesel generator oil is sufficient, there is a protective device on the diesel generator, that can not be started when the oil is insufficient. In addition, after refueling, to first stop refueling, an accidental spill of fuel, to dry immediately.
6. In case of electric shock should immediately cut off the power, fire equipment can not use water, use a dry powder fire extinguisher or carbon dioxide fire extinguisher.